I have decided that I love squash. There are so many possibilities! Here's one I came up with recently:
- Cut an acorn squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Place in a baking dish.
- Cut up an apple.
- Chop up some nuts - I used pecans but walnuts would work well too. About 1/2 c is probably what I used.
- Mix apple, nuts, a bit of butter (cut), and a dusting of cinnamon. Divide this and put it in the two halves.
- Pour about 1 Tbsp of maple syrup over each half.
- Put water into the pan with the squash so that its about 1/2" deep. Cover with foil and bake the whole thing in the oven for 40-60 min at 400, until the squash is cooked.