Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Crock Pot Improvisations No. 1

I've taken to using my crock pot quite a bit lately, with happy results.  Today's experiment was so good that I thought I should write it down before I forget, and that I might as well share it while I'm at it!  Tender chicken, sweet prunes, and salty olives make this one a win.

Chicken with Olives and Prunes
Ingredients:
1-2 T olive oil
1 onion, sliced
2 chicken breasts
2 cloves garlic
15-20 prunes
10-20 olives (green, but I also added some kalamata at the end)
1/2 c. dry white wine
1/4 c. chick peas (dry)
salt

fresh marjoram or oregano

Layer the all the ingredients except the herbs in the crock pot.  Push the chick peas down into the liquid, or add a little broth or water for more liquid if you deem it necessary.

Cook as usual (I turn it on low when I leave for work, and it is ready when I get back ~9 hours later, but I'm sure it doesn't take that long).  Another option is to cook it overnight.

Serve over couscous and garnish with the fresh herbs.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment